Skip to main content

3 Sustainable Brands I Want to Shop at in 2021

 Hi everyone today I'll be discussing 3 sustainable fashion brands I want to buy things from in 2021. This is in no way trying to say that you have to shop at these brands or that you need to shop sustainable. 

Keywords:
Fast Fashion: a highly profitable business model based on replicating catwalk trends and high-fashion designs, and mass-producing them at low cost. Ex: FOREVER21

Why shop sustainable?

Personally I still buy a good chunk of my clothing from fast fashion brands such as Forever21, Zara, H&M, and many more fast fashion brands. Though sustainable brands are known for having better quality pieces than fast fashion stores, and the clothing is more ethically made. 

Why sustainable may not work?

Sustainable clothing including the brands I'll be discussing today are more expensive than fast fashion brands, less size inclusive, and run out of products faster. These clothes are more expensive because they use more expensive fabrics. The brands also run out of products faster because sustainable brands don't make as much product as fast fashion brands who buy their clothes from wholesale vendors overseas. 

With the pros and cons of sustainable fashion said above lets discuss the 3 sustainable brands I've been eyeing recently. 

1. Reformation


At Reformation they sell tops, dresses, jeans, and lounge wear. I specifically from Reformation would definitely look into purchasing their dresses. They sell very simple but cute silk dresses, they also come in cute muted tones. The con of Reformation is that the dresses are expensive, for example a nude midi silk dress cost $218. So its definitely pricey, but I still think that they're cute. And if you like silk dresses then you might wanna check them out I've heard that the dresses are extremely good quality. They also allow you to sign up for sales, so that definitely what I'll be doing. 

2. House of Sunny



House of Sunny is a UK based brand and they sell sweaters, dresses, pants, and purses. From House of Sunny I'd specifically purchase the Hockney Dress that is one of their best sellers, I love the dress and I've heard its great quality. The only downside of House of Sunny is that the dress is 98£ which is $133.87 USD, so again its expensive. Luckily at House of Sunny they have a sale section, so if I want to purchase from them I'll definitely be in that section. 

3. Patagonia



I already have 2 shirts from Patagonia and their definitely the most affordable brand on this list and Patagonia is a very well known brand especially where I live they sell pants, shirts, coats, and backpacks. From Patagonia I'd probably get a coat because I've heard that they're good quality and keep you very warm in the winter. 

Thank you all so much for reading!
Keep up with me: https://linktr.ee/lifewithwis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Find Your Aesthetic

 Hi everyone today I'll be discussing how to find your aesthetic or individual style.  1. The Fit of Clothes The first thing that determines your aesthetic is how you want your clothing to fit for example do you like the fit of skinny jeans, baggy jeans, or flare jeans on your body. I prefer mom jeans on my body instead of a skinny jean fit. Also do you prefer your tops to fit tighter or baggy, for me I like a mix of both. How you like clothes to fit your body is big part of finding your style/aesthetic because, your clothing will be the base of your style.   (source: 7esl.com) 2. What Shoes You Like  The second thing that determines your aesthetic is what shoes you like and look good on your feet for example do you like sneakers, heels, or boots. I prefer sneakers. Along with the type of shoe you also need to figure out what style of shoe like chunky, platform, or flat sole shoes. If you're shorter maybe platform is your go to , or if you're tall maybe a more flat sole sho

Black History Month: Books

  Hi everyone today I wanted to start a little series for black history month, this series will be an appreciation to black art and people. I'm so excited for this today's post because it will be focused on books. Some of these I have not read myself yet, but I still wanted to share them with you all because I've heard they're good. I hope you all enjoy, comment which book is your favorite.  The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas: The Hate U Give is a fictional story centered around police brutality, and how it effects the main character Starr Carter. This is a book that I recommend everyone read, though it's fictional its still has a very important message. Rated: 4.5/5 on Good Reads, 5/5 on Commonsense Media, & a 4.8/5 on Audible.  I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings is an autobiography about the extraordinary poet Maya Angelou. Maya discusses overcoming trauma and racism, while telling a  coming-of-age story. Rated: 4.2/5

All About the Georgia RunOffs

 Hi everyone today I'll be discussing the Georgia Senate race runoffs, my goal is to educate my you all on this topic.  (picture credits: thenation.com) What is a Run-Off election? According to "Balletpedia.com" a runoff election is a second election held to determine a winner when no candidate in the first election met the required threshold for victory. This is a great definition a runoff election occurs when a candidate doesn't earn 50% of votes in the first general election.  (Picture Credits: Vox.com) Why and Where is this Runoff occurring? This senate runoff election is occurring in Georgia and the reason this is happening because in Georgia specifically the 50% vote rule counts for candidates. According to Vox.com 3 million Georgians got out and voted Tuesday, January 4th.  Who is running in the Senate race? There are 2 senate state runs the first is between republican Sen. David Purdue and democrat Jon Ossoff. The second is between republican Sen.  Kelly Loeff