Skip to main content

How to Cope With Election Anxiety

 This blog post is fully inspired by @justcheckingin.qte on insta, they had an amazing post about election anxiety. 

(photo fron @justchecking.qte on insta)
I know elections can be extremely nerve racking and scary for everyone, but I have found helpful ways to combat this stress that Id like to share with you all. I do 4 easy things that allow me to have mild instead of high anxiety/stress from the election. 

1. Take breaks from Social Media

Now, I understand this one can be hard especially since we live in a world completely saturated in social media. But I found it helpful if I put my phone on the charger and watched YouTube instead of CNN for a little bit, that I was much less stressed out. I did intervals of 30 minutes where Id watch CNN and completely be on my phone, and then after doing that for 30 minutes I switched off my phone and turned on YouTube and watched something carefree. I recommend watching funny things that will take your mind off the polls, for example my family and I watched a funny podcasts and little funny skits. All of which were non political. Just take little breaks in order to get your mind off of the election. 

2. Communicating your boundaries 

With your friends and families its healthy and important to set boundaries with the people around you, in general not just with the election. But the topic of this is about the election, an example of setting a boundary about the election is telling your family that you'd rather not watch the polls because it gives you anxiety. Or you could tell your friends to not talk to you about politics, either make sure to set boundaries. Once you set these boundaries make sure no one crosses them by leaving a conversation that goes against your boundaries or even discontinuing a friendship with someone. Boundaries are important and should always be respected and never crossed. 

3. Preparing for delayed results

This post is coming out Thursday November 5, 2020 the american people still do not know which candidate won the election. This has many people on the edge and makes people extremely nervous states like Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Georgia are still counting votes. Many Americans including the President are wanting the states to stop counting, out of impatience. I have mentally prepared for the results being delayed, just try your best to be patient (better said than done I know). Try taking taking deep breaths, taking a walk, and having a fun conversation. Don't get too worked up, the states I mentioned earlier are taking there time to count the votes and make sure everything is correct and accurate. 

(Rihanna's insta: badgirlriri)

4. Manifestation & Prayer

This coping mechanism has helped me distress from this election greatly. Whether you believe in a higher power or not its still good to put your predictions out there, and try this method especially if you're stressing a lot. Prayer is a great option for people who believe in a higher power included Allah, God, Hindu Deities, and many more. You can pray for anything you want regarding the election including what candidate you want to win or for your anxiety to go away, its truly up to you. Now for manifestation there are several ways to go about it you can write what you want to happen (ex: I want my election stress to go away, I want my election stress to go away, write it down many more times). After you write down your predictions of what you want to happen, think it, then speak it in to existence (ex: I don't have election stress). I will provide detailed information on Prayer and Manifesting on my insta story @ lifewithwis. 

I really hope you guys try these coping mechanisms if you do DM me on IG

Keep up with me: 

Insta: lifewithwis
main insta: wisdom.ih
tiktok: lifebyywiss
codes: use code "wisdom10" for 10% off all purchases at ShopHaileyKaee.com






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Find Your Aesthetic

 Hi everyone today I'll be discussing how to find your aesthetic or individual style.  1. The Fit of Clothes The first thing that determines your aesthetic is how you want your clothing to fit for example do you like the fit of skinny jeans, baggy jeans, or flare jeans on your body. I prefer mom jeans on my body instead of a skinny jean fit. Also do you prefer your tops to fit tighter or baggy, for me I like a mix of both. How you like clothes to fit your body is big part of finding your style/aesthetic because, your clothing will be the base of your style.   (source: 7esl.com) 2. What Shoes You Like  The second thing that determines your aesthetic is what shoes you like and look good on your feet for example do you like sneakers, heels, or boots. I prefer sneakers. Along with the type of shoe you also need to figure out what style of shoe like chunky, platform, or flat sole shoes. If you're shorter maybe platform is your go to , or if you're tall maybe a more flat sole sho

Black History Month: Books

  Hi everyone today I wanted to start a little series for black history month, this series will be an appreciation to black art and people. I'm so excited for this today's post because it will be focused on books. Some of these I have not read myself yet, but I still wanted to share them with you all because I've heard they're good. I hope you all enjoy, comment which book is your favorite.  The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas: The Hate U Give is a fictional story centered around police brutality, and how it effects the main character Starr Carter. This is a book that I recommend everyone read, though it's fictional its still has a very important message. Rated: 4.5/5 on Good Reads, 5/5 on Commonsense Media, & a 4.8/5 on Audible.  I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings is an autobiography about the extraordinary poet Maya Angelou. Maya discusses overcoming trauma and racism, while telling a  coming-of-age story. Rated: 4.2/5

All About the Georgia RunOffs

 Hi everyone today I'll be discussing the Georgia Senate race runoffs, my goal is to educate my you all on this topic.  (picture credits: thenation.com) What is a Run-Off election? According to "Balletpedia.com" a runoff election is a second election held to determine a winner when no candidate in the first election met the required threshold for victory. This is a great definition a runoff election occurs when a candidate doesn't earn 50% of votes in the first general election.  (Picture Credits: Vox.com) Why and Where is this Runoff occurring? This senate runoff election is occurring in Georgia and the reason this is happening because in Georgia specifically the 50% vote rule counts for candidates. According to Vox.com 3 million Georgians got out and voted Tuesday, January 4th.  Who is running in the Senate race? There are 2 senate state runs the first is between republican Sen. David Purdue and democrat Jon Ossoff. The second is between republican Sen.  Kelly Loeff